About the IT Alliance
The IT Alliance is a not-for-profit focused on the Information Technology sector in Prince Edward Island. Founded in 2022, it now represents more than 1400 pure-play IT individuals.
Reporting to: CEO
We are looking for a Director to join our team to support the CEO in guiding our organization forward by overseeing operational, financial, and technical aspects of the organization.
Ultimately, you will work with various team members and volunteers in the organization to ensure the delivery of our strategic plan for future success.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a non-profit Director or similar role
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and how to get individuals involved in the organization’s success
- Strong knowledge of financials and how to build financial forecasting documents for the board of directors
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a non-profit Director
- Demonstrate the ability to attract, align, develop and retain the diverse talent pool needed to meet and exceed organizational goals.
- Governance knowledge is critical.
- Strong communication skills.
- Provide leadership for the organization, community and ecosystem
- Oversee Operations and non-profit elements of the organization
- Assist with governance actions and support
- Manage a dynamic team and volunteers to meet our growing community needs
- Enable sponsorship, business development and outreach.
- Support strategic direction of programming, projects and workshops
- Oversees the execution of special events (e.g. workshops) in the space and community at large.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In-person (opportunity for remote work)
Salary range: $75,000 - 95,000 per annum
Application deadline: 2023-11-15
Expected start date: 2023-12-18
How your friends should describe you
Good qualities include leadership skills, strategic thinking, communication abilities, fundraising expertise, team management, passion for the mission, and the ability to build relationships.
We will only contact candidates who proceed to the interview phase.